cattaDoc Installation Step 2:
Create MySQL backend database
Create the cattaDoc database and database users
cattaDoc uses a MySQL database for all its data, except documents and library files.
Create a new database in MySQL for cattaDoc:
Create database in Windows
Here is what you do in Windows:
- Open a command prompt ("DOS Window")
- Go to the sub-folder
db in the cattaDoc folder
- Run the batch file createdatabase.bat with username for a MySQL system administrator as first argument and the associated, optional password as second argument, ie.:
createdatabase username [password]
Note: You have to change the MySQL installation path in createdatabase.bat, if not installed in the default C:\mysql.
Create database in Linux
Run the shell script createdatabase from the sub-directory
db in the cattaDoc directory.
You are prompted for a username and password for a MySQL system administrator.
What is done?
Both scripts do the same:
- Create a MySQL database with the name cattadoc
Note: If you want another database name, you'll have to change the name in 3 files:
- The script / command file,
- The database creation file,
- The users file,
- Create 3 MySQL users with the following roles / permissions:
- cda: System administrator
- cdw: Normal user with read and write permissions
- cdr: A read-only user
Note: I will strongly advise you to change the default passwords for the 3 MySQL users. Do it in the input file
createuser.sql before running the script.
- Create the cattaDoc database structure with tables, initial master data, etc.
MySQL reports warnings about using a password on the command line. It is normal. You can ignore these warnings.
3 comments for this page
- 3 Giovanni (Napoli - Italia) wrote 2014-06-12 17:05:07 :
about the login error also reported in the faq.
I have the same problem but I don't think it cames fron wrong user or password. Is it possible an issue from Mysql connection or the php crypt function?
The error reported is:"Warning: mysql_connect():  Impossibile stabilire la connessione. Rifiuto persistente del computer di destinazione. (trying to connect via tcp://localhost:3306) in F:\cattadoc\adodb\drivers\adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 458 Warning: mysql_connect(): Impossibile stabilire la connessione. Rifiuto persistente del computer di destinazione. in F:\cattadoc\adodb\drivers\adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 458 Error : Invalid username / password combination"
There is something to set in ADODB?
Thanks a lot.
- 2 Erik Maaløe (Copenhagen - Denmark) wrote 2010-02-02 15:28:28 :
Re. Cannot create 3 users
- Hi Anton,
Thanks for your interest in cattaDoc.
The user cpitsob_cattadoc mentioned in the MySQL error message you get is not defined in the supplied cattaDoc installation files. cattaDoc assumes you have created the MySQL root user and then creates 3 additional users, cda, cdw and cdr.
Please try first with these users.
- 1 Anton (Christchurch - New Zealand) wrote 2010-01-28 08:34:43 :
cannot create 3 users
- I succeed in creating my database but when I run the SQL query to create the 3 users I get this error message:
#1044 - Access denied for user 'cpitsob_cattadoc'@'localhost' to database 'cpitsob_cattadoc'